Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day after the "would be" storm

Is it just me, or is it the day after a huge storm, the sun is glorious and forgiving? The fear that was imposed on the Toronto community was huge. Schools, and workplaces close before a single flake hit the ground. They predicted 30cm, we received maybe 10-15cm, depending on where you lived in the city. I made a point of watching the news last night to see what our weatherman would say...he was subdued to say the least. We all know in our hearts, if we were that "wrong" about our jobs, we would either be put on notice, or out and out fired. This link, to a hilarious bit by CBC, pretty much sums up, what Toronto is like, when a storm has come, or is predicted. We can be, and are ridiculous...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCS06rbL5hI

I managed to kill my mixer again. This is the 2nd one in a year. My business has picked up, and I think it is time to invest in a heavy duty mixer. A Kitchenaid, or something along those lines...alas i am on the hunt for a good deal...


So far this is a sampling of what i have done. I also have completed these:


I am happy with my work so far, and will be even more excited to use the boxes, that I have made from recycled books...

Oh Valentine's how I do love thee...

No comments:

Post a Comment