Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Boxes

So, I come from a family of recyclers.  Saving bread ties, saving pop tops, to creating things from nothing.  We sew, we cook, we create.  Now I never caught on to the sewing thing, but I can honestly say within my immediate family, we all know how to cook.  I think what inspired us the most was my Mom's ability to make something out of nothing.  And from there we all just tagged along.  You really do not know how great a cook is, until you visit other peoples homes.  Or at least that is how I felt when I was growing up. 

So for my recycling project, and my huge outcry from my last blog.  I decided to make boxes.  Now this is not an original idea, as my Aunt VeeVee, has been making them forever.  Mostly for handmade jewellery, etc.  But nevertheless, with my pages and pages of salvaged books.  I sent her an email, asking her how she made them.  And before long there was an answer in my email, telling me how she made them, and before long I was caught up in the fury of making them.  One better than the other...it was magnificent.  With these boxes I plan to use them as cookie boxes for Valentines Day...let me know what you think?!





No comments:

Post a Comment